The Board and regional stakeholders are calling on Ontario’s political parties to move ahead on recommendations to enhance transit in the region.
For the Toronto-Waterloo region’s economy to succeed, a regional transit network is the price of entry. Limited regional integration, continued political interference and a lack of sufficient and sustainable funding are hampering efforts to keep the region moving, say the Board, its chamber partners and regional transit stakeholders.
Below you’ll find our Transit Policy Playbook: an update to the Board’s Superlinx concept paper, which was submitted to Metrolinx in November 2017. It incorporates feedback and solutions provided by the proposal’s supporters and critics, identifying solutions to the region’s challenges.
Letters of Support
- Rocco Rossi, President & CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Debra Scott, President & CEO, Newmarket Chamber of Commerce
- Ian McLean, President & CEO, Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Todd Letts, Chief Executive Officer, Brampton Board of Trade
- Scott McCammon, President & CEO, Milton Chamber of Commerce
- Kathleen Dills, General Manager, Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce
Join our conversation online