What is The Big Bench?
The Board provides The Big Bench as a resource for accessing high quality, benefits and employment practices data. With a unique online reporting tool, HR Professionals and Business Leaders can pull custom data to benchmark against leading Toronto region businesses to attract and retain the best and brightest employees.
What are The Big Bench features?
- Easy to use reporting tool allows custom data pulls for a personalized
- Time saver
- Combine filters to narrow in on a scenario that matches your business context
- Customize reports based on industry, size and revenue
- Comprehensive reports by job title available for multiple employee groups
- Data provided by HR departments, rather than self-reported
What Benchmarks are available?
- Executive Compensation
- Management Compensation
- Professional, Supervisory & Sales Compensation
- Information Technology Compensation
- Administrative & Manufacturing Compensation
- Benefits & Employment Practices
Who participates in the Board's Compensation and Benefits Surveys?
Our participant pool is made up of a diverse range of companies representing all industry sectors and sizes across the Toronto Region. Please click for a sample list of participating companies.
Can Benchmarks provide industry-specific salary and benefits information?
Each Benchmark offers detailed analysis, including:
- 14 different industry sectors
- Operating budget
- Number of employees
- Corporate/subsidiary organization
- Public/private organizations
- Company target market
What positions are surveyed?
We survey over 297 different positions. Click to view a complete list of positions surveyed in each Benchmark.
How soon will Benchmarks be delivered?
E-versions will be sent out within 24 hours of a received order, and paper versions will be delivered in one to three business days.
Are Benchmarks paper or electronic?
As part of our green initiative, we produce PDF and Excel versions of Benchmarks. The electronic format provides more flexibility to integrate data into external documents to cross-reference with the latest market data. For those wishing to obtain a hard copy of Benchmarks, a surcharge of $100 per volume or $300 for the full set of six will be levied on all orders.
Is access to the online Cash Compensation Reporting tool available with an order of either paper or electronic Benchmarks?
A designated link and PIN to access the Cash Compensation Reporting tool will be provided with an order.
Who will be able to assist if there are further questions?
While The Big Bench is designed to be the most user-friendly Benchmarks on the market, questions always arise. Further inquiries can be directed to 416.862.4515 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.